I am a researcher in Artificial Intelligence at the IIIA-CSIC in Barcelona. My main interest is in Automated Negotiations where utility functions do not have an explicit expression, but instead are defined in terms of some hard, time-consuming problem that may involve Logic, Game Theory and Constraint Satisfaction. One typical example of such a domain is the game of Diplomacy, which I have been using as a test-bed for my research. Furthermore, I am especially interested in applying techniques from General Game Playing to the field of Automated Negotiations.
Previously, I have been working as a postdoctoral researcher and associate lecturer at Western Sydney University, together with Dongmo Zhang. I obtained my PhD in Artificial Intelligence in 2015 at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona under supervision of Carles Sierra and my Master's degree in Mathematical Physics in 2008 at the University of Amsterdam under supervision of Robbert Dijkgraaf.
You can find an interview with me about Diplomacy here: interview.
In my free time I like to organize improvisation theater events in the Parc de la Cituadella in Barcelona.
If you are interested in doing a Bachelor-, Master- or PhD-project related to Automated Negotiations, General Game Playing, the game of Diplomacy, or any other related topic, please feel free to contact me.
Work Contact Details
- Address: IIIA-CSIC, Campus de la UAB, 08193, Bellaterra, Spain
- Office: 214
- Email: davedejonge [at] iiia.csic.es
- Associate Lecturer (Western Sydney University).
- Postdoctoral Researcher Artificial Intelligence (Western Sydney University)
- PhD Student Artificial Intelligence (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona / IIIA-CSIC)
- Master Student Artificial Intelligence (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
- Master Student Mathematical Physics (Universiteit van Amsterdam)
- Bachelor Student Physics and Mathematics (Universiteit van Amsterdam)