* Workshop Venue (different from the main conference venue !!)
Location: Building Polytech, Room TD115 (first floor)
* Program of the Workshop with the slides of the presentations
* Proceedings with the Working Papers of the Workshop
Logics provide a formal basis for the study and development of applications and systems in Artificial Intelligence. In the last decades there has been an explosion of logical formalisms capable of dealing with a variety of reasoning tasks that require an explicit representation of quantitative or qualitative weights associated with classical or modal logical formulas (in a form or another).
The semantics of the weights refer to a large variety of intended meanings: belief degrees, preference degrees, truth degrees, trust degrees, etc. Examples of such weighted formalisms include probabilistic or possibilistic uncertainty logics, preference logics, fuzzy description logics, different forms of weighted or fuzzy logic programs under various semantics, weighted argumentation systems, logics handling inconsistency with weights, logics for graded BDI agents, logics of trust and reputation, logics for handling graded emotions, etc.
The aim of the ECAI 2012 workshop WL4AI is to bring together researchers to discuss about the different motivations for the use of weighted logics in AI, the different types of calculi that are appropriate for these needs, and the problems that arise when putting them at work.
ECAI 2012 Policy:
• All workshop participants will be required to register for both the workshop and the main conference.
• Proceedings: The organizers will provide a single pdf file to be posted on the website